DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Share | 

14 Things it took me 50 years to learn (not me lol)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SoulRat
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: 14 Things it took me 50 years to learn (not me lol)   Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:06 pm

1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings."

3. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.

5. You should not confuse your career with your life.

6. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

7. Never lick a steak knife.

8. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.

9. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.

10. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.

11. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.

12. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above-average drivers.

13. A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person. (This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.)

14. Your friends love you anyway.

Thought for the day:

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: 14 Things it took me 50 years to learn (not me lol)   Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:55 pm

"8. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip." I can agree with that...

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."
I never thought of it that way...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: 14 Things it took me 50 years to learn (not me lol)   Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:14 pm

"10. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment."

That's kind of like a woman asking, "Do these pants make my ass look big", and replying "No...your ass does." It's just not a wise thing to do!

lol2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 14 Things it took me 50 years to learn (not me lol)   

Back to top Go down

14 Things it took me 50 years to learn (not me lol)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1