DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Share | 

King Kwame's Text Messages

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:28 pm

Posted by George Hunter on Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 6:20 PM
Kilpatrick being booked; won't miss first supper

Former mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is being booked at the Wayne County Jail, officials said.

Kilpatrick's mugshot was released about a half hour ago. In it, Kilpatrick is wearing a slight grin -- and the green jumpsuit issued to jail prisoners.

Although Kwame Kilpatrick's sentencing hearing ran until nearly about 4:30, and the intake process at the jail takes more than an hour -- which would run past the jail's 4:45 p.m. supper time -- Kilpatrick will still be able to eat the beef pot pie being served as the jail's supper tonight, spokesman John Roach said.

"He will be fed," Roach said of the former mayor.

Part of the intake process includes a medical and psychological screenings. "Those most likely will take place today," Roach said.

“It takes pitching, hitting and defense. Any two can win. All three make you unbeatable.”    
–Joe Garagiola
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:29 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
If I read that right after his 5 years of probation he can run again? Kwame for mayor in 2013! Rolling Eyes

Yep, real justice! And the idiots in Detroit will probably re-elect him too!

“It takes pitching, hitting and defense. Any two can win. All three make you unbeatable.”    
–Joe Garagiola
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:50 pm

Hubris! I like that!

Seriously, we can punish him here, but he's gotta face the Man Upstairs. We all do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:02 pm

Poor Kwame
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:02 pm

NOT

JUST JOKING!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:22 pm

Kwame's in Jail

Kwame's in Jail

Kwame's in Jail

:nahnah:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:15 pm

Thursday, October 30, 2008
Missing messages released between Kilpatrick, Beatty
Doug Guthrie / The Detroit News

DETROIT -- Wayne County prosecutors released four missing pages of text messages involving former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick this afternoon, after The Detroit News discovered they were missing from a massive release of 644 pages.

Prosecutors blamed the omission on an error in photocopying. Numerous messages were released last week as part of the criminal case involving Kilpatrick, who went to jail for up to 120 days on Tuesday for felonies related to the text-message scandal.

The new messages are between Kilpatrick and his former chief of staff, Christine Beatty, who faces trial in January on perjury and other charges. Both denied under oath during a civil trial last year that they had an affair. The messages contradict those claims and form the basis of perjury charges still pending against Beatty.

In the newly released exchanges between Kilpatrick and Beatty in April and July of 2003, they discuss romantic song lyrics, their longing for one another, make plans for to meet in motel rooms and talk about the joy of past encounters.

On April 25, 2003, Kilpatrick messaged to Beatty: "Thinking about doing what?

Beatty responded: "Thinking about doing a lot of things! Thinking that no matter how hard you diss me, I still want to be in your arms, kiss you, hug you, love you. Listening to you speak and wishing you were my husband."

Both Kilpatrick and Beatty were married at the time. Both mention in other messages from the missing pages that their spouses are nearby as they make plans for clandestine rendezvous.

Later the same night in April Kilpatrick messages Beatty, "Where are u?"

She responds, "Sitting in my bed. I just got in and Lou is downstairs and not quite sleep yet."

Kilpatrick is in a similar situation. "My wife is up now. Goodnight G! Talk to you tomorrow."

The next night, there is an exchange of messages about Kilptarick leaving an event to "chill" in a deluxe suite with Beatty. The messages culminate with a rapid-fire countdown of the minutes before Kilpatrick arrives at room number 6716.

"Be THERE IN 7MINS," Kilpatrick messages. "BE THERRE IN 5MINS"... "CRACK THE DOOR!"

Shortly before 2 p.m. the next day, April 27, 2003, Beatty tells Kilpatrick her feelings about their meeting.

"No response needed to this, but when you held me in your arms last night and looked me in my eyes and said I was your woman. All was right with the world. I love you."

Kilpatrick responded, "Damn! Thank you."

Beatty, "Can you promise me that I will always be that?"

Kilpatrick, "You were my girl for as long as I can remember. I was too young and stupid to know. I promise for the rest of my life you will be my girl."

Kilpatrick's wife, Carlita, was among his first visitors Wednesday at the Wayne County Jail. Beatty divorced from her husband, Lou.

The News obtained the release of the missing pages today through Wayne County Circuit Judge Timothy Kenny, who will oversee Beatty's trial set to start Jan. 5. Prosecutors submitted the messages as a way to verify Kilpatrick and Beatty as the authors and recipients -- an important step if Kenny is to be persuaded to allow the messages to be used as evidence at Beatty's trial.

In a statement issued this afternoon, the prosecutor's office admitted a mistake in copying the documents that were provided to the court's clerk. The News and other media outlets obtained their copies of the 644 page motion that contained text messages from the clerk's office at a cost of $550.

"Due to a clerical error four pages were missing from Exhibit Number 39: 'Kwame to Christine and Christine to Kwame.' The missing pages from Exhibit 39 are: 29, 30, 48, and 49," said the statement. "These four pages are now marked Exhibit Number 39 A."

The four pages will be inserted in their proper place in the entire 648 page motion and resubmitted to the court Friday as exhibit 39B.

You can reach Doug Guthrie at (313) 222-2548 or dguthrie@detnews.com

–Joe Garagiola
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:17 pm

How can Kilpatrick's wife, Carlita, even stay with him! Such a slug. Glad he is in jail.

–Joe Garagiola
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:31 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
How can Kilpatrick's wife, Carlita, even stay with him! Such a slug. Glad he is in jail.

Kwame can hang a Home Sweet Home Picture in his cell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:46 pm

It is too bad he is in solitary confinement type cell, with its own seperate bathroom complete with private shower, He should be in a cell block where others could yell at him!

–Joe Garagiola
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Female

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:23 am

GoGetEmTigers wrote:

$$$$$
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:04 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
GoGetEmTigers wrote:

$$$$$

But Kwame gotta pay $$$$$ back

Minus his Lawyer Fees

Kwame gonna have to nail a couple high paying speeches after his release
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:04 pm

And I am sure someone will be happy to give it to Kwame
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Female

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:12 pm

He probably has 10 Swiss bank accounts that he can find some legal loophole that they won't get touched.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:34 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
He probably has 10 Swiss bank accounts that he can find some legal loophole that they won't get touched.

Probably

FUCK KWAME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:28 pm

I know the newspaper said the Mansion they now live in is owned by their church, so the state can't touch it.

–Joe Garagiola
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:30 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
I know the newspaper said the Mansion they now live in is owned by their church, so the state can't touch it.

Any Church that is in cohoots with Kwame ain't a real church
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:30 pm

Same wacky ass Church that Obama supporters belong to
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Female

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:48 am

probably!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:26 am

Kwame belongs to the Church of the Latter Day Morons
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:31 pm

Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Worthy: Kilpatrick broke deal
Wayne County prosecutor seeks hearing to force ex-mayor to give up attempt to regain law license.
Doug Guthrie / The Detroit News

DETROIT -- Kwame Kilpatrick has broken the deal he made to avoid trial in the text message scandal by attempting to undo the revocation of his law license, said Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy.

Worthy has asked for a hearing next week before the Wayne Circuit Court judge who sent Kilpatrick to jail and required him to sign a letter that revoked his license. Judge David Groner ruled at Kilpatrick's Oct. 28 sentencing that his agreement to "surrender" his license meant revocation.

A petition filed Monday on the jailed former mayor's behalf with the state Attorney Discipline Board asked for the revocation to be set aside and a hearing held to determine the level of punishment Kilpatrick should suffer. The appeal is based on a claim that only the state's self-policing mechanism for lawyers can take an attorney's license, not a criminal court judge.

But just changing his license status from revoked to suspended could lead to Kilpatrick's request for restoration of his right to practice law within five years of probation, to which he agreed.

"This action constitutes not only a violation of the terms of his plea agreement but also violates the terms of his probation," Worthy wrote in a letter Tuesday to Philip Thomas, the lawyer handling Kilpatrick's law licensed appeal.

"We are seeking a hearing regarding the issue of revocation," said Worthy's spokeswoman, Maria Miller. "We are seeking a date of Dec. 12, but the date will be set by the judge."

Kilpatrick could face a lengthened jail sentence if Groner is convinced that Kilpatrick's appeal to the state's Attorney Discipline Board was a willful violation of probation.

Thomas said his client has done nothing wrong and the situation deserves to be reviewed.

Thomas added that he also has been told by Kilpatrick's criminal defense team that they are planning to file an appeal of his sentence with the Michigan Court of Appeals. Kilpatrick's other lawyers couldn't be reached on Tuesday. "What's the rush to judgment?" Thomas asked. "I would hope the Prosecutor's Office will sit back and ask, 'What if a mistake was made here?' Why not allow the defendant time to argue that his rights have been violated?"

Kilpatrick was charged with perjury, conspiracy, obstruction of justice and misconduct in office for lying under oath in a police whistle-blower lawsuit last year. His sentence called for 120 days in the Wayne County Jail and five years of probation, during which he is barred from holding public office. He also agreed to pay $1 million in restitution and "surrender" his law license when he pleaded guilty to two counts of obstruction of justice in September.

His co-defendant, former Chief of Staff Christine Beatty, was similarly charged and accepted a plea bargain Monday that called for 120 days in jail, five years of probation and $100,000 in restitution. She also agreed to not take law school classes while on probation..

–Joe Garagiola
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:49 pm

Who the fuck would hire Kwame as a lawyer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:50 pm

gs78 wrote:
Who the fuck would hire Kwame as a lawyer?

REMEMBER, THIS IS Asshat DETROIT!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Female

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:26 pm

He gets a padded sentence and dear Christine gets 5 years of gettin' it in the ....
oh well, she shoulda thought of this a long time ago!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:54 am

laprimamirala wrote:
He gets a padded sentence and dear Christine gets 5 years of gettin' it in the ....
oh well, she shoulda thought of this a long time ago!

She also got 120 days jail plus 5 year probation.

Quote :
His co-defendant, former Chief of Staff Christine Beatty,
was similarly charged and accepted a plea bargain Monday that called
for 120 days in jail, five years of probation and $100,000 in
restitution. She also agreed to not take law school classes while on
probation..
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Female

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:08 am

120 days is all it takes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:11 am

Bet she does not get a cushy, private cell, with its own phone and separate bathroom, like Kwame!

–Joe Garagiola
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Female

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:09 am

Yup.

Last edited by laprimamirala on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : kinda hurtful remarks. I'm in no place to judge.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:42 pm

More like Club Kwame than jail
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:04 pm

Christine Beatty goes to jail

Ever notice how when black people are arrested or senteced to jail there is often a black minister by their side

Beatty had some minister that looked like Cab Calloway yesterday at her sentencing

On a side note

I once took an elective in criminal justice at Madonna University that was taught by the judge who sentenced Beatty yesterday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Kwame's Text Messages   

Back to top Go down

King Kwame's Text Messages
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 25 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next