DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Share | 

Not liking this, but that's baseball

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Not liking this, but that's baseball   Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:55 pm

SoulRat wrote:
Ty McCobb wrote:
Howdy, gang... I just signed up, even though I should have long ago. The 'other board' has gotten too crazy.

Wave Welcome !

Glad you Joined Wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ty McCobb
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger

Male
Number of posts : 127
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Cabrera
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Not liking this, but that's baseball   Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:39 pm

Thanks, everyone.
Although it can be frustrating during gametime, it sure is great being a Tigers fan!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Not liking this, but that's baseball   Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:46 pm

Ty McCobb wrote:
Thanks, everyone.
Although it can be frustrating during gametime, it sure is great being a Tigers fan!

Join us in our game day thread found under

Tiger Talk
Game Day Discussion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Not liking this, but that's baseball   Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:26 am

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Ty McCobb wrote:
Thanks, everyone.

Join us in our game day thread found under

Tiger Talk
Game Day Discussion.
AND join is in all of our off topic stuff... because that is always fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: Not liking this, but that's baseball   Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:22 pm

gs78 wrote:
gdennis59 wrote:
There will be no re-signings of Todd Jones

FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!
JONES IS A VERY GOOD CLOSER AND CAN STILL GET THE JOB DONE YOU FUCKTARDS!!!
Who the fuck else am I supposed to like?

Where did you hear that?

If Jones is lights out rest of the season, he needs to be signed for next season

lol! lol2 lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Not liking this, but that's baseball   Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:23 pm

gs78 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:

Nate Robertson, $17 million through 2010.

:puke2: rant puke grouch

I'd have to check the updated rankings, but as recently as a couple days ago, Nate Robertson had the worst ERA in the AL and we're paying him that much No :puke2:

Nate is worth every penny

those guys will NEVER stop writing BS, its all they know!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Not liking this, but that's baseball   Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:27 pm

Ty McCobb wrote:
Howdy, gang... I just signed up, even though I should have long ago. The 'other board' has gotten too crazy.

I work for a company about the size of Little Caesars. I can tell you from experience that Leyland is on the hot seat - as well as Dombrowski. Jones will be gone. Nate, too...but I'd like to see him in the bullpen. Many more will be shown the door. I think Mr. Illitch will make Dave do anything in his power to shed Sheffield, as well. Rogers may retire, and I would re-hire him as a pitching coach...but he will surely test the waters before any of that happens.

I think Illitch will operate from the standpoint that his MudHens call ups could get him 4 games under .500, so why pay out the big clams? He will anticipate the lower ticket sales for next year and cut as much fat as possible. Some of our favorites may be gone next year...but they brought it upon themselves. As a CEO, when you spend that kind of cash, you expect some level of return.

McWelcome!! I always enjoy your comments on the other board. you are right though....all the good people are over here!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Not liking this, but that's baseball   Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:27 pm

tigersaint wrote:
Ty McCobb wrote:

I work for a company about the size of Little Caesars. I can tell you from experience that Leyland is on the hot seat - as well as Dombrowski. Jones will be gone. Nate, too...but I'd like to see him in the bullpen. Many more will be shown the door. I think Mr. Illitch will make Dave do anything in his power to shed Sheffield, as well. Rogers may retire, and I would re-hire him as a pitching coach...but he will surely test the waters before any of that happens.

I think Illitch will operate from the standpoint that his MudHens call ups could get him 4 games under .500, so why pay out the big clams? He will anticipate the lower ticket sales for next year and cut as much fat as possible. Some of our favorites may be gone next year...but they brought it upon themselves. As a CEO, when you spend that kind of cash, you expect some level of return.

McWelcome!! I always enjoy your comments on the other board. you are right though....all the good people are over here!!

Great!

Tigers can go back to the way things were before 2006 grouch grouch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not liking this, but that's baseball   

Back to top Go down

Not liking this, but that's baseball
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2