DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Share | 

Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:16 pm

Those TV's are cool

I like TV's that look like TV's

Not TV's that look like picture frames or computer screens
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:37 pm

groovy man
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:38 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
groovy man

Indeed! Nod
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:55 pm

And those TV sets were made in the good old USA by RCA, ZENETH AND MAGNAVOX!!!!!!

“It takes pitching, hitting and defense. Any two can win. All three make you unbeatable.”    
–Joe Garagiola
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Female

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:02 pm

loooong time ago
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:59 pm

Actually, I was shocked to see that Sony has been making some televisions in the US, but they are closing it down!

Sony to Close Last US TV Factory

Martyn Williams, IDG News Service
Dec 10, 2008 9:10 pm

“It takes pitching, hitting and defense. Any two can win. All three make you unbeatable.”    
–Joe Garagiola
Back to top Go down
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:27 pm

gs78 wrote:
They should still make TV's like that

But no

Every TV made now has to look like you can hang in on a wall

STUPID!

What's wrong with TVs taking less space? I understand why you want US-made TVs but if they made tons of TVs in the US that were LCD/Plasma what would be wrong with those. You could argue the difference in picture quality doesn't justify the price, but for the sake of this assume LCDs/Plasmas were a sub-$300 and made in the USA. What would be wrong with those hypothetical TVs?

Coming Soon: A better signature!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:42 am

They still make digital tuner tvs with picture tubes, if that is what you prefer gs. Myself, I like lcd sets, if they hold up in lifespan. You can set them on a stand or hang them on the wall.

–Joe Garagiola
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:01 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
They still make digital tuner tvs with picture tubes, if that is what you prefer gs. Myself, I like lcd sets, if they hold up in lifespan. You can set them on a stand or hang them on the wall.

And what happens if they fall down.

You know how many times pictures have fallen off my walls

Remember I have three big dogs and a cat

Stuff gets knocked over
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:02 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

But no

STUPID!

What's wrong with TVs taking less space? I understand why you want US-made TVs but if they made tons of TVs in the US that were LCD/Plasma what would be wrong with those. You could argue the difference in picture quality doesn't justify the price, but for the sake of this assume LCDs/Plasmas were a sub-$300 and made in the USA. What would be wrong with those hypothetical TVs?

Easier for people to steal those types of TV's

Try stealing a big console TV

You get a hernia trying to move those big ass sets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:03 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

But no

STUPID!

You will never see TV's made in the U.S again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:12 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:

Who still makes them?

And where do they sell them

They sure as hell don't have them at the Best Buy; ABC Warehouse or Sears stores in my area

I miss Highland Appliance and Fretter's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:15 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

But no

STUPID!

Problem is that because sales of flat screen TV's generate more money per set sold

Stores won't carry non LCD models

Same reason why they don't have VHS tapes or cassette tapes or record albums anymore

Even though people would still buy them if they made them

But Electronics Stores and Music Stores would rather cater to the people that demand the latest gizmos made overseas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:57 pm

gs78 wrote:
GoGetEmTigers wrote:

And what happens if they fall down.

You know how many times pictures have fallen off my walls

Remember I have three big dogs and a cat

Stuff gets knocked over

Don't hang them on the wall. We don't hang ours. The only way you should hang them is if you also run the cords through the wall which requires putting a hole in the wall (or installing the TV as you build the house). They look horrible if they're hanging on the wall but you see cords all over the place.

Put the TVs on a stand and they're pretty hard to knock over. They're still fairly heavy and the base is really big compared to the TV. If you're really concerned you could screw the base to the stand...it really won't go anywhere that way...plus you can't steal it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:40 pm

gs78 wrote:
\
Same reason why they don't have VHS tapes or cassette tapes or record albums anymore

I was at Best Buy the other day cause we HAD to buy a new video game, but bah, that's beside the point, but they had VINYL records. NEW ones! I nearly pissed my pants as I danced in the aisle LMAO

Sorry, I love vinyl, showing my age :haha:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:51 pm

SoulRat wrote:
gs78 wrote:
\

I was at Best Buy the other day cause we HAD to buy a new video game, but bah, that's beside the point, but they had VINYL records. NEW ones! I nearly pissed my pants as I danced in the aisle LMAO

They have new ones at Cheap Thrills, too.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:08 am

They have vinyl at Hot Topic too, but I was still excited to see it at Best Buy LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:44 am

gs78 wrote:
GoGetEmTigers wrote:

Who still makes them?

They sure as hell don't have them at the Best Buy; ABC Warehouse or Sears stores in my area

I am sure they are foriegn made, but

Walmart carries them
CLICK HERE

Also see the following list at Dealtime search engine

–Joe Garagiola
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:54 am

SoulRat wrote:
gs78 wrote:
\

I wish I could have seen this! A dancing Soulrat in the middle of Best Buy! LMAO

–Joe Garagiola
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Female

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:58 am

God willing I intend to do a lot of dancing in public too. Big Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:58 am

laprimamirala wrote:
God willing I intend to do a lot of dancing in public too. Big Smile

lol!

–Joe Garagiola
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Female

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:12 am

Always keep 'em guessing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:39 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
SoulRat wrote:
gs78 wrote:
\

I wish I could have seen this! A dancing Soulrat in the middle of Best Buy! LMAO

LMAO I did! My family walked away from me No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:03 pm

SoulRat wrote:
gs78 wrote:
\

You Serious?

They don't even have cassette tapes or VHS tapes at the Best Buy at Southland Mall
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:04 pm

Not one single record in my neighborhood

Harmony House; including the one in the Sears shopping center; used to sell a few in the back of the store

But they went out of business
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:07 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
gs78 wrote:
GoGetEmTigers wrote:

Who still makes them?

Walmart carries them
CLICK HERE

Thanks for the info

Though you know I would never buy any thing at Walmart

Interesting to note they sell four TV's which the biggest is 20 inches No

I guess anything over 20 inches is not made anymore

My TV is 28 inches?

I think

I bought it in 2000

I hope it lasts a few more years
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:09 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:
gs78 wrote:
\

They have new ones at Cheap Thrills, too.

Spoiler:

How about old phone books?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:38 pm

gs78 wrote:
GoGetEmTigers wrote:
gs78 wrote:
GoGetEmTigers wrote:

Who still makes them?

Walmart carries them
CLICK HERE

Thanks for the info

My TV is 28 inches?
I think
I bought it in 2000
I hope it lasts a few more years

Sansui DTV2760 27 inch TV

–Joe Garagiola
Back to top Go down
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:04 pm

gs78 wrote:
SoulRat wrote:
gs78 wrote:
\

You Serious?

They don't even have cassette tapes or VHS tapes at the Best Buy at Southland Mall

YES! Nod I almost couldn't believe it! They had the new Guns n' Roses album plus a few old ones and the new Metallica album and some old AC/DC albums, I didn't get a chance to really look as my family was pulling me out the door but I was like Jaw Drop

No cassettes or VHS that I seen although I wouldn't have been looking for those as I don't even have a VHS machine in the house and just a crappy ol cassette player :haha:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger

Male

PostSubject: Re: Activists 'shocked' at Clinton stance on China rights   Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:38 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
gs78 wrote:
GoGetEmTigers wrote:
gs78 wrote:
GoGetEmTigers wrote:

Who still makes them?

Walmart carries them
CLICK HERE

Thanks for the info

My TV is 28 inches?
I think
I bought it in 2000